1. Please read the following information carefully.
This privacy notice contains information about the information which may be collected, stored, and otherwise processed about you and others involved in the Wedding you are contracting us to record and also contains the reasons for the collective processing. It also tells you who we may share this information with in connection with any use of our web site.
2. Diamond Films collects, uses, retains, and stores personal data which may include personal data about you and anyone else involved with the Wedding. When we do this we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We process personal information about you and the Wedding particulars and also those involved, family members, friends and other companies involved with your wedding.
3. If you need to contact us about your personal data or the processing carried out of your personal data you can use the contact details at the end of this document.
‘Client’ the person that is contracting us for Photographic/Video Services for or on behalf of the couple that are getting married.
‘The Couple’ The Persons that are getting Married.
What do we do with your information?
1. Our Enquiry form, Booking form and Wedding Details form asks for private details necessary for us to proceed with your initial online enquiry, contract of booking and also final Wedding plans and details.
Information collected by us is detailed in the following –
- Contact Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Wedding details including venue, time and date
- Family member and Wedding Party (Guest) names
- Supplier names, email and contact numbers
This information is submitted by the Client and processed via an online form company called “Jot Form”. which their platform we use for creating our online question forms.
How we use your personal information: Purposes
Names and Contact Details
Client Names and The Couple Names, Postal Address, Contact numbers and email addresses. This is for communication between us and the Client. From initial enquiry through to final media delivery. We may contact you via email, postal letter or telephone.
Family and Guest Names
Family and Guest Details is purely for the video film credits and is optional.
Supplier Details such as Venue, Wedding Coordinator, Photographer and any other suppliers. We may contact these suppliers to liaise with in connection with your Wedding Day but not for personal data.
We ask your age range, not your actual age. This helps us plan your Photography/Film for creative purposes.
We will need to know the ceremonial religion of your Wedding.
Wedding Date and Times
Without this we can not confirm any booking
Who will we share your personal information with?
We do not share your personal information, other than your names contained within our online forms with anyone other than the companies that control the platform to those forms. In our case, Jot Form and PayPal. If a Third Party require your details from us we will always ask for your consent first.
You will have a personal password protected page on our website used for viewing Photographs or Video which will only contain your first names and no other personal information.
Photographic and Video Imaging
As we are hired to make a digital record of an event by use of Photographic Images or Video and Sound it would be impossible to collect consent forms from each person attending the event. By hiring us we assume the persons involved with your event are aware that Photographic and Video and Sound will be recording persons, details and particulars from the event. It is the Client responsibility to ensure Guests and other services hired for the event are aware of such recordings. This is made clear on your Details Production Form which is sent to complete you prior to the event.
Will your Video or Photographs be shared online without your consent?
No. There is a question on ourDetails Production Form that asks if we can share your Photographs or Video to prospective clients or for marketing values.
If you allow us to share your Video/Trailer/Photographs the platforms we use and links to their Privacy Policies are as follows –
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Payment Information –
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights that you can exercise in certain circumstances. These are free of charge. In summary, you may have the right to:
- Ask for access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Ask for correction of mistakes in your data or to complete missing information We hold on you;
- Ask for your personal information to be erased, in certain circumstances;
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to me or have this information sent to a third party. This will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, e.g. a Word file or pdf file;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict my processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be the subject to automated decision-making which produces legal effects that concern you or affects you in a significant way.
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Use the contact details at the end of this document;
- We may need to ask you to provide other information so that you can be identified;
- Please provide a contact address so that you can be contacted to request further information to verify your identity;
- Provide proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise.
We will respond to you within one month from when I receive your request.
How to make a complaint?
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners’ Office if you are in the UK, or with the supervisory authority of the Member State where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on the Diamond Films website.